Halloween is right around the corner, and this isn’t just a popular holiday for trick-or-treaters, it is a fun time of year for people of all ages—including seniors! If you have a special senior in your life and are looking for fun activities to do with this individual around Halloween, we have 13 suggestions for fun, stimulating activities that are sure to help you all make memories that you will cherish.
- Send Halloween Cards- This is a great, unexpected time of year for seniors to send cards, letters and messages to those they care about.
- Decorate Pumpkins- This is a classic activity that is fun no matter what your age is. If you are worried about the senior using sharp objects, you can always paint pumpkins instead.
- Make Halloween Cookies- Baking is fun any time of year, so why not make Halloween-themed cookies? There are plenty of fun Halloween-themed cookie cutters out there ranging from pumpkins to ghosts and everything in between.
- Make Apple Cider- This is a nice, warm treat that is easy to make and delicious to enjoy—and it will keep any senior feeling nice and cozy on a cool, crisp fall night.
- Share Scary Stories- This is a fun campfire activity that can be just as spooky and scary indoors as well. If you don’t have any scary stories on the top of your head, you can find quite a few online.
- Hand Out Candy for Trick-or-Treating- If your senior loved one doesn’t live in an area where trick-or-treaters are common, invite them over to a friend or loved one’s house where they get plenty of trick or treaters. This is sure to be really fun for any senior.
- Decorate- Whether seniors are decorating their room in assisted living or an entire home, there is no easier way to get in the Halloween spirit.
- Have a Horror Movie Marathon- Pull out some of the old classic horror movies like Psycho and relive the glory days of fun yet campy scary movies with a classic scary movie marathon.
- Go Shopping for Kids Halloween Costumes- If you have a little one in your life who is all excited for their Halloween costume, then take your senior loved one with you to shop for a costumes—this is a fun way to get in the spooky spirit.
- Do Arts and Crafts- There are plenty of fun Halloween-themed arts and crafts that not only result in adorable art projects but that can be a great way for seniors to stay active during the day.
- Play Halloween Charades- Put a scary twist on the classic game of charades by making everything Halloween themed! It is a fun way to get in the spirit of the holiday.
- Go to a Pumpkin Patch- This is a fun activity for a nice fall day and a great way to get outdoors in the fresh air.
- Look at Old Halloween Pictures- Gather your favorite Halloween pictures from years passed and share them with your senior loved one—it is a fun trip down memory lane!
Keep these 13 fun and festive tips in mind when Halloween rolls around, they are sure to provide you and your senior loved ones with hours of fun.
The post 13 Ways to Make Halloween More Fun For Seniors appeared first on SeniorAdvice.com Blog.